Grim Fandango Signature Edition and Real Signature

T

Tseki

Who signed that Viva Revolucion / Crime Rocks box? Sorry but I think it's quite ugly and I prefer the "standard signature box".

chaosman

Although the originally signed one might sell for more at auction, I'd have to say the "Signature Edition" is the more appealing one cosmetically. In the right light it just looks awesome...

The Tim Schafer signature looks legit, and the "Best wishes"(?) line might be done with the same handwriting... but what's the story about the other lines, were they written by him as well (not using cursive) or maybe some other employees that worked on the game?
I.E. the lines:
"Viva la Revololution!", "Hi Nick!" & "GRIME ROCKS!".
The printed signature edition is just the rare signature edition which we all know of that few collectors have. The other copy with the silver sharpie was personally hand signed by Tim Schafer and he added some "Hello Nick" and "Viva La Revolotion!" to make to personal to me. The other signature is from Bret Mogilefsky who developed the GrimE engine for the game so he had to give himself a little shoutout as well. Basically I'm saying the second copy is edition 1 of 1 =)

jacuzi

Staff member
I have to say the original looks better. The silver pen just does not look good on the box. Of course the handwritten signatures are cool and much more rare than the original printed Signature edition. I recognized both signatures, but I was in touch with Bret and Tim too few years ago :)

chaosman

I have to say the original looks better. The silver pen just does not look good on the box. Of course the handwritten signatures are cool and much more rare than the original printed Signature edition. I recognized both signatures, but I was in touch with Bret and Tim too few years ago :)
Jacuzi! Always nice to hear from you =) We had some good times hitting up all the lucasarts employees. You pretty much cleaned them all out and found the most rare items lol. Whoever has them all now will probably be burried with all that in their grave

jacuzi

Staff member
Omar and Susiboy bought most of the really rare stuff, I still have seen only one of those EFMI lunch boxes I had then :)