Tseki's eBay findings

jacuzi

Staff member
There was a weird Classic adventures box on Ebay which sold fast. Was thinking of buying it just to see what it is but it got sold.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LucasArts-Classic-Adventures-PC-1992-/112129649346?hash=item1a1b72aac2:g:HL8AAOSwdIFX07Iu

What do you think of it? The edges of the box are wider than the normal box, seems to be black & white color. Could be it is just the cover copied and glued to some random box or something? I asked the seller if he could send more pics of it but got only some weird answer from him.

T

Tseki

There was a weird Classic adventures box on Ebay which sold fast. Was thinking of buying it just to see what it is but it got sold.
Never seen one before. Very strange box... Looks cheaply made budget release or home-made. Maybe omar has some thoughts?

jacuzi

Staff member
The seller only replied it is a package when I asked for more info and pics. So it is a box.

Would like to see what it is but meh, I dont think I will bid.

T

Tseki

Interesting Fate of Atlantis PC CD USA with The Adventurer #6. I always thought 1st CD release comes with The Adventurer #7. Also what is odd to me is that this comes with B&W (cheap?) manual and "Is Your Computer Connected" leafleat which I associate with The Adventurer #7.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351857339768

T

Tseki

He probably could have gotten a lot more for if he had offered international shipping...
The box seems to be in decent shape, slightly crushed on front right side corners and scuff marks on left side edge. Otherwise looks to be in decent shape.

Some collector is over the moon right now :)
And I had that NIB...

jacuzi

Staff member
Sorry to say but in my opinion the newest one is a fake.
If you look closely to the sticker, it seems like it was self cut (not fully oval shaped) but the bigger concern is the size of the sticker.
If you for example compare it to the one on the museum it is much bigger.
Museum sticker does not touch any Full Throttle letters, not the lamp and not the white plate on the wheel.
The newest Ebay auction sticker touches the lamp, two letter of Full Throttle and the white plate on the wheel.

I would be very careful with this one!

jacuzi

Staff member
The seller is actually a member of this forum (I have sold items to him in the past) and he said that he bought it years ago from another collector. Hopefully he is telling the truth and only he got cheated :( He promised to close the auction once he gets home and inspects the sticker closely, but I say there is not a chance this is real