The Dig Sam`s Build

Discussion in 'The Dig' started by Ahenobarbus, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Ahenobarbus

Ahenobarbus New Member

Dig 2 museo.jpg

The Dig sams build museo.jpg

I`m trying to find more information about this rare and interesting edition: The Dig Sam`s Build.

There is a rumour that this edition was made for Sam`s Club warehouse store owned by Walmart and and named after Walmart`s founder Sam Walton. Can someone confirm this rumour or do you have some additional information about this neat release.

You can find one unboxing video of Sam`s Build on YouTube. The video is nice, but creator of this video isn`t sure if his copy has all the original content or not.. Here`s the link:

My copy is sealed and it`s weight is roughly 350 - 360 grams. I`m using two fishing scales and they are pretty accurate but a tiny error is possible. I have to check the weight with more accurate scale at some point. I`m curious to know how this edition`s weight compares with the weight of normal Dig box? Does someone have another sealed or open copies of this edition?
  2. omar

omar Member

I used a pretty accurate (at least I think) digital scale and my copy weighs 324g (including the shrink wrap I store it in):

As you can see, my copy contains the exact same content as the standard USA, shiny box edition (320g with shrink wrap).

Also the same as my "not for resale" copy (328g with shrink wrap):

I've also seen some more CIB copies that had this content (just a few though)... but that doesn't necessarily mean they were just released with this content..

Don't really know much about it's origin.
    Always just assumed it was a store specific copy with a custom ISBN label on the box like the Curse of Monkey Island "Cosco" version:
  3. Ahenobarbus

Ahenobarbus New Member

I got a new, and more accurate, digital scale today and and new result was 329 grams for my Sam`s Build box. So it seems to contain all the standard Dig box content. No astronaut icecream in this edition unfortunately :D

Thanks again Omar!
  4. omar

omar Member

No problem, hope you find out some more information about it. :)