The Adventurer included with each release

Discussion in 'The Secret of Monkey Island' started by omar, Apr 21, 2018.

1. omar

omar Member

Missing Adventurer magazines seems to be a recurring issue with many of the releases, these are some of the magazines found in the following releases.

Using the registration card that's included can usually help identify the correct magazine, but this might help narrow it down some more.

This is not a finite list, just the most common magazines I found for each release.

Amiga:
    Adventurer #1
    EGA 5.25
    Adventurer #1
    Adventurer #2
    EGA 3.5:
    Adventurer #1
    IBM VGA 5.25
    Adventurer #1
    Adventurer #2
    IBM VGA 3.5
    Adventurer #2
    IBM VGA 3.5 (HD Floppy)
    Adventurer #2
    IBM VGA 3.5 (Yellow sticker)
    Adventurer #4
    IBM CD
    Adventurer #4
    Adventurer #5
    MAC 3.5:
    Adventurer #5
    Adventurer #11

This is an old list I created a while back and might need to look over my documents to update it further.

If you have a release with a different magazine, please share it with us. :)

2. ichich56

ichich56 New Member

Were the issues always included in the mentioned games?
    In a Facebook group, people report that they did not have a magazine with them. Or was this just lost?

3. omar

omar Member

I personally don't classify a USA release of a game complete unless it contains the correct "The Adventurer"/Catalog (if they were commonly released with any that is).
    It's hard to say if they were always included in USA releases or not, might have been stripped in some batches/by some distributors.
    But usually, the first USA releases appear to have contained them...

It's more common in the later "folded corner" releases of Monkey Island 1 not seeing any magazine/catalog included then the earlier "glued corner" releases.

It's also common seeing USA import versions not including it, I.E. USA releases that were distributed in other countries:

For example the Australian releases of Monkey Island 1:
    Amiga:
    https://imgur.com/sT0RM55

Seen quite a few that were then re imported to the USA and sold in stores.

So the short answer is, I'd say it's quite possible they didn't include it in all USA batches and some versions are less likely to contain any then others..

... I guess it depends how anal-retentive the collector is whether he qualifies it as a CIB without it or not.... Seen many collectors define their copies as CIB without them (I.E. if they're missing some of the "misc/unrelated" documents).

4. ichich56

ichich56 New Member

Okay.

Thank you again for your detailed analysis. It is very pleasant to ask questions here. ;)

5. ichich56

ichich56 New Member

And by the way. I had Adventurer #2 in my EGA 5.25 box, as you said.

6. omar

omar Member

Excellent :)