Release dates?

Discussion in 'Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade' started by k0SH, Feb 17, 2018.

1. k0SH

k0SH New Member

Do we know about the 1st release dates of
    - EGA version
    - VGA version
    ?

Wiki even don't know the month, saying both "July 1989, DOS" and "May 1989, DOS"

Thanks

2. omar

omar Member

I would assume the EGA was released quite a bit before the VGA version...

I personally don't know the exact dates, but you might be able to use the LucasFilm catalogs and Adventurer magazines to find out roughly when they were released (by checking when the versions were available via mail order).

Checking the files on the media might also help narrow it down some more.
    I.E. modified/created dates and in the contents of version/read me files, if any are included.

Another option might be to look through gaming magazines/store documents from this time and hope to come across the release dates there...

Too bad I can't be any more help. I hope you find the information you're looking for.

3. omar

omar Member

Was looking over some old catalogs and the adventurer's and saw this in the Adventurer #1 (didn't see it in any older catalogs) if it helps:

Special 256-color VGA edition
    Just $44.95 IBM (4258)

4. ym173

ym173 New Member

My EGA floppy disks are dated 24 May 1989 - that's usually the closest way to date a game :)

Maybe someone has the original VGA disks to compare - mine are from 'Classic Adventures' compilation of September 1992 unfortunately.

5. omar

omar Member