Rare/signed/sealed/promo items on eBay

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by omar, May 20, 2014.

1. Ahenobarbus

Ahenobarbus Member

2. omar

omar Member

The Polecats Bandanna is a must for any LucasFilm/LucasArts collector... the price is a bit high for this one, but still a nice item to add to any collection. :)

3. Ahenobarbus

Ahenobarbus Member

Agreed, pricey but so cool Lucas relic!

4. Ahenobarbus

Ahenobarbus Member

5. omar

omar Member

That price is borderline insane... I'd say about 3x times the actual value... but who knows, maybe my price estimates are just way off,,,

Hopefully one will pop up that you can snag for a fair price. :)

Ahenobarbus likes this.
  6. Ahenobarbus

Ahenobarbus Member

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  7. omar

omar Member

I have one in my collection, they were sold at E3 around the time of the release of the special edition.
    Many people bought a bunch and then sold them slowly on eBay over the following year (in the range from 70-120 USD excluding shipping, if I remember correctly)... they pop up from time to time...

It does feel a bit cheap (compared to the Max plushie for example), but looks great on any shelf. It's about 16-18 CM tall (excluding the cardboard on top).
    The battery ran out really fast, think I squeezed his belly total four times before it ran out... and at a quick glance I didn't find a way to replace it without cutting open some seems on the doll.

I think 1.500 USD is just way to much for it, 300 USD would be the most I'd value it for... it's rare, but it's promo material for the special edition not the original game...

8. Ahenobarbus

Ahenobarbus Member

Thanks Omar :) So, it might be hard to find one with a working voice button in the future, if you can`t replace the battery and have to leave the old battery inside the doll. Apparently it`s pretty cheap Made in China product, but cool piece nonetheless.

9. omar

omar Member

10. omar

omar Member

...looks like he felt the prices were to low on the Monkey Island games...

He has almost doubled the price of Monkey Island 2 (was 800 USD, now 1.400 USD):
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/232918301596

And added 110 USD to the copy of Monkey Island 1 (was 480 USD, now 590 USD)...
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/332795046415

...kind of a d*ck move because it looks like someone already bought Monkey Island 2 for 800 USD...

11. darksun777

darksun777 New Member

Monkey Island 2 FM Towns is the holy grail of LA ;-)

I am still looking for the manual...

12. Ahenobarbus

Ahenobarbus Member