Passport to adventure

Discussion in 'LucasArts' started by giga, Mar 13, 2017.

1. giga

giga New Member

I can't seem to find the "passport to adventure" demo disc in the museum. Does anyone here know the full contents and the stort behind it? Was it the disc Ron used to show off monkey island to the press?

2. omar

omar Member

This is all the information I have about it... someone else here might be able to share more details.

It was part of a few similar "samplers" they and Electronic Arts made for IBM 5.25" floppies in 1990.

These are the ones I remember:
    "Passport to Adventure" (LucasFilm)
    "Flight for Victory" (LucasFilm)
    "Mission Attack" (Electronic Arts).

It should contain:
    5.25" floppy in a white sleeve (with interactive demos for Indy 3, Loom and Monkey Island 1).
    Manual.
    Folded Cover.

And depending on the retailer it might include an additional insert.

For example, Egghead software sold these for 99 cents and included a promotional leaflet for LucasFilm AND Electornic Arts games.

The "Passport to Adventure" sampler was released about a month before of "The Secret of Monkey Island".
    I've not heard of it being shipped to the press/reviewers, but who knows... they might have done it to create a buzz about it before the actual launch.

3. Tseki

Tseki Guest

I know it's quite rare stuff :)

4. giga

giga New Member

Exactly, it belong in the museum

5. omar

omar Member

This is just one of many items that is "missing" from the museum.
    The museum hasn't really been updated for over a decade, I think it's more of a tribute to Freddie's old collection than anything else. :)

6. Tseki

Tseki Guest

I'm afraid we never get all those missing items archived :/ Freddie is not very active and this whole forum is very inactive.