MI1 Slash edition

Discussion in 'The Secret of Monkey Island' started by m0rph, Mar 11, 2018.

1. m0rph

m0rph New Member

How much do you think it's worth a The Secret of Monkey Island's budget edition(floppies) unsealed and in fair condition?

2. omar

omar Member

It would depend on the exact content and condition of the copy in question...
    These copies are somewhat rare, but not really as desirable as many of the other USA releases.

I would value one in a similar condition as mine at about 100 USD at auction (no more than 150 USD for a direct sale):
    https://imgur.com/mdvNtyi (CIB, uncrushed/unblemished box and content in good condition).

But it's been a while since I last paid any attention to going rate on these, so my estimate may be a bit out of date.

3. m0rph

m0rph New Member

Here all the pictures I got

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      56.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      72.1 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      47.4 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      61.2 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      34 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      46.8 KB
      Views:
  4. omar

omar Member

Box looks like it's mostly undamaged.
    I.E. Not crushed, split or sun/water damaged, just a bit of scuffing on the edges.

Code wheel appears to be intact and in good condition (common that they get separated/bent).

Floppies appear to be intact, labels not in the best of condition but still good (most likely always been this way).

Reference and manual a bit wrinkly and the registration card a bit yellowed (quite common), otherwise looks fine.

Does not seem to contain the envelope with the offer (most copies I've seen had this offer and envelope included) or the Adventurer #8 magazine (seen many releases without it, so that might be normal).

If the floppies work and there's no writing hidden inside the box or on the docs I'd value it at 80 USD at auction and 120 USD for a direct sale.

Most people would consider it a CIB copy without the extra unrelated documents that was not necessarily included in all releases, but for me. If they're not included it's not CIB. :)

But like I said, my prices may be out of date. Prices for these games tend to change fast depending on the amount of collectors looking for them. Hopefully some other collector can give you a better estimate based on more recent data than me.

5. m0rph

m0rph New Member

Thank you very much. Very helpful as always.
    The guy is selling it for 100$. I'll think about it, thanks again.