Maniac Mansion inside Day of the Tentacle

T

Tseki

Anyone completed Maniac Mansion inside Day of the Tentacle? When I was playing Day of the Tentacle I just played the very beginning of Maniac Mansion but never further than the beginning.

ym173

Well, I think that it is much easier to play Maniac Mansion as a separate game. Besides, in English DoTT, poor Ed plays the original unenhanced Maniac of 1988, with worse graphics and only one save slot! It should be easier to find people who played Maniac Mansion inside Day of the Tentacle in Germany or other countries, where Dott had Maniac enhanced inside it.

And today it is even more difficult to play Maniac Mansion inside Day of the Tentacle - it is possible in original hardware & DOS only! ScummVM does not launch it on Ed's computer, and DOSBox allows to launch it - but not to exit it (as you can only shut down DOSBox itself then).

T

Tseki

Nice information ym173 thank you. I wonder why ScummVM has disabled Maniac Mansion inside DOTT?

ym173

I don't think it could be called 'disabling' - ScummVM runs games through its own interpreter, and it just can't handle the game inside the game...