How well do you keep track of the items in your collection?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by omar, Sep 2, 2017.

1. omar

omar Member

I was just doing some reorganizing in my collection (Telltale + Monkey Island Special Edition items).
    In the process I saw I had a couple items I had forgotten I had (just needed to be reminded of them again).

Before I started to photograph my LucasArts collection(not photographed my other collections yet) I'd say I remembered 99% of the items I had, their origins, price and etc... witch sadly means I didn't remember 1% of them...
    Remember one awkward period (that lasted longer than I'm willing to admit) where I kept trying to buy a specific edition of Loom but constantly got overbid, seller unwilling to send to Iceland and etc. getting pretty frustrated I looked over my Loom games looking for another missing edition to shift my focus to when I found I had already bought this copy. Literally have no memory of where I got it or how long I've had it... shortly after that I started to photograph my items to prevent this in the future....

Happens once in a while I forget about items in my collection, but usually as soon as I see them I remember their details again.

But today something different happened, when organizing my collection I couldn't find my "Sam & Max Season 2 Soundtrack" (relatively common collectible)... I literally looked everywhere in my collection thinking I must have misplaced it, but no luck... that was a bit weird so I looked over my customs invoices/purchase history and found no record of it...

Looks like I've never owned it... even though I was 100% sure I did... still feel like I own a copy despite all documents tell me I don't...

Any other collectors experienced something similar to this? :)