Grim Fandango Signature Edition

Discussion in 'Grim Fandango' started by Tseki, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Tseki

Tseki Guest

I once had this very rare LucasArts' game. I bought it many years ago at eBay if I remember correctly but unfortunately I don't have this anymore. Post some comments of this cool release.

[​IMG]

2. giga

giga New Member

Just noticed that I my ebay searches still contain this, but it never seems to show up. Any idea on the value of this edition?

3. omar

omar Member

It's a rare copy and it's price tends to fluctuate a lot depending on how many collectors are looking for it.

A few years back good conditioned CIB copies went for about 200-250 USD.
    A rough estimate based on how other prices have changed would be 200-500 USD for a CIB one (depending on it's condition) and 300 - 1.500 USD for a NIB one (depending on it's condition).

But this is just an estimate, an increase/decrease in collectors looking would dramatically change these estimates.

Please note, some of my price estimates may be a few years out of date, but this is what I'd value this copy for. Other collectors might have a completely different and more accurate value for it than me. :)

4. Tseki

Tseki Guest

At least this copy used to be quite expensive but I'm not sure about todays value.

5. chaosman

chaosman New Member

If it helps someone offered me $1,000 USD for mine a few months ago. Sealed in box and acrylic display case

of course i passed on that =P

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  6. Tseki

Tseki Guest

Of course you did with a such low price :) I understand if a collector doesn't want to sell his precious stuff for any price. I got some nice offers myself too and had to reject those.

7. Ahenobarbus

Ahenobarbus Member

Hello, new member here :) I had a little conversation with Jacuzi a while ago and I was wondering who are the guys with signatures here? Tim Schafer is obvious one and second signature belongs to Bret Mogilefsky (lead programmer of GF). Third one might be Peter Tsaykel or Peter Chan, but which one? and fourth is mystery? Does anyone
    recognize all the signatures?

8. omar

omar Member

Welcome to the forum.

Looking the box over, I'm pretty sure the signatures are by:
    Tim Schafer (right side, top)
    Bret Mogilefsky (right side, middle)
    Peter Tsacle (middle, bottom)
    Peter McConnell (left, bottom)

Peter McConnell was the toughest one, but I compared the signature to a photo of a signed psychonauts soundtrack and they seem to match.

9. jacuzi

jacuzi Moderator Staff Member

Peter Tsacle is also known as Peter Tsaykel. I would have bet the left one being Peter Chan but I dont have the soundtrack to compare with McConnells. Too many Peters out there :) But I will ask them for confirmation

10. Ahenobarbus

Ahenobarbus Member

Great, Thanks guys! This box is really a great collectors piece. I wonder how many sealed copies still exist :)

11. jacuzi

I just talked with Bret Mogilefsky and he thinks its Tsaykel and Chan :)
    Here is his quote: "Chan and Tsaykel, I believe."

12. jacuzi

I know a total of 9 sealed copies of which I have owned 6 of them in some point. Now I have one

13. Ahenobarbus

Ahenobarbus Member

Ok, we have a competing theory! We might have to ask this from Chan and McConnell too :D Can you post a picture of that Psychonauts soundtrack signature Omar?

14. jacuzi

Chan replied that he is not sure :) McConnell has not answered anything though he did read my message

15. Ahenobarbus

Ahenobarbus Member

Good work Jacuzi, thanks :) Hopefully McConnell will reply something too.

16. omar

omar Member

17. jacuzi

That does indeed seem to match with GF cover!

18. Ahenobarbus

Ahenobarbus Member

Yep, it seems to match! Really cool soundtrack item by the way :)

19. Ahenobarbus

Ahenobarbus Member

Grim signaturet museo.jpg

They look good in pairs too :)