[For Sale] Original LucasArts posters

jacuzi

Staff member
Hmmh, I thought prices were very expensive when I sold my collection few years ago but they just keep getting higher and higher. I sold my opened Maniac poster for $90 and sealed for $150. Cant believe that someone paid over $300 for a bandana :/ I sold 4 or 5 of those for $30-60 each. And Freddie was always saying how the prices were much cheaper when he collected 8-10 years ago. It will be interesting to see how high they end up.

albatrosxxl

Yes the good old times ;) Now it´s very hard to find some rare LucasArts games for little money. For Monkey Island 2 sealed I´ve payed over 250 EUR. But this was my highest purchase for one game... But for a Manaiac poster over 250 EUR? I think it´s a little bit maniac ;) If this poster was signed, maybe. But I don´t think that Andy will sell it for this price. But we will see. It´s rare and who knows, maybe he can find someone with a lot of money or who really needs it.

-Andy-

Hmmh, I thought prices were very expensive when I sold my collection few years ago but they just keep getting higher and higher.
You're right, and the reasons are only two: rarity and high demands.
Everyday is always more and more difficult to find these gadgets.

Moreover, LucasArts is closed now. So nowadays is considered a myth, a cultural icon. Something that will never appear again. That's why prices will continue to go high and high.

Someone could say: <<It's absolutaly ridiculous>>. I don't know if it's ridiculous or not. But I really think that it's not less ridiculous than paying millions and millions dollars for a piece of Picasso.
The reasons are always the same: rarity and high demands.

For Monkey Island 2 sealed I´ve payed over 250 EUR. But for a Manaiac poster over 250 EUR? I think it´s a little bit maniac ;)
Again, I don't know if it would be maniac. But I think that it's not less maniac than to spend 250 Euro for a sealed Monkey Island 2. Also because a sealed Monkey Island 2 is a lot more common than my poster, in my opinion.

But I don´t think that Andy will sell it for this price. But we will see.
At least 3 people asked me to sell it for 200 Euro. And some months ago I saw an auction going up to 400 Euro for a FALSE Maniac Mansion poster.
Maybe this time no one will bid, maybe not. But I'm sure that my price is not "high". I just want to give to all the people the opportunity to have the poster.

Anyway, thanks for both the comments.

Last edited:

-Andy-

So why the auction ended unsold multiple times for 189eur?
I see that you are a "new member", and this one is your first message. is it not strange? :)

There are 2 possible causes of your question:

1) You are not a collector, so you don't know how these things works. In this case, my answer is: << The prices of LucasArts items always fluctuate in time. Sometimes the price is low, sometimes the price is high. It is absolutely normal.>>

2) You want to buy my poster, and you're trying to drop the price. In this second case, my answer is: << I won't drop the price for you>>.

Last edited:

redice

I see that you are a "new member", and this one is your first message. is it not strange? :).
http://forums.vintagegaming.org/index.php?threads/new-forum-software.994/
lol, wrong. Make sure you are in right next time.

There are 2 possible causes of your question:

1) You are not a collector, so you don't know how these things works. In this case, my answer is: << The prices of LucasArts items always fluctuate in time. Sometimes the price is low, sometimes the price is high. It is absolutely normal.>>

2) You want to buy my poster, and you're trying to drop the price. In this second case, my answer is: << I won't drop the price for you>>.
1) wrong, 2) wrong.
Good luck for your sale.