Escape from Monkey Island Grog Bottle

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by adventurefan, Feb 25, 2016.

1. adventurefan

adventurefan New Member

2. Tseki

Tseki Guest

Hi! How about putting that on eBay? Too bad I don't collect promo items anymore but thank you for putting this for sale.

3. adventurefan

adventurefan New Member

Hi Tseki! I actually thought to offer it here first in the forum and then on eBay. Yes it's agreat item. Unfortunately I started too late collecting the promo items and now they are quite rare to find (because omar has everything) :-D

4. Tseki

Tseki Guest

It's very nice to offer it here first. Too bad the forum is quite dead currently :( Omar is the best there is yes :)

5. darksun777

darksun777 New Member

Sent you a PM. Thanks for posting it here.

6. jacuzi

jacuzi Moderator Staff Member

Just out of curiosity did you drank the beer? :) And if yes was it tasty? I have had 5 of these and all of them were unopened.

7. Tseki

Tseki Guest

Haha :)

8. adventurefan

adventurefan New Member

@jacuzi: haha ... no not at all. :)
    I already bought it opened. For me it's one of the most beautiful merchandise items from LucasArts.

9. darksun777

darksun777 New Member

Seems this item would be my alltime "white wale". I can not count how many years i searched for this without luck. Did i get one before i pass away? :D

10. vintagegames

vintagegames Member

Just to be very sure: the item is gone, right? I saw this much too late ...

11. AB_C

AB_C New Member

12. darksun777

darksun777 New Member

No international shipping? :-(

13. AB_C

AB_C New Member

14. omar

omar Member

Glad you decided to change the shipping options.
    Quite a few collectors around the world that would love to add these to their collections.

Hopefully you'll get a fair price for them and make some collectors day in the process.

Good luck with the auction and good luck to anyone bidding on these gems. :)

15. omar

omar Member

I was expecting it would sell for at least 100 USD per bottle, but 360 USD for all 4 is still a fair price for both parties. :)

16. darksun777

darksun777 New Member

Too bad i missed the auction oO
    If the buyer is here and would sell 1 bottle, PM me please :)

17. jacuzi

jacuzi Moderator Staff Member

I think they went for relatively cheap. I have seen them sold for $300 / bottle, but they were unopened and still had the beer inside.

18. Ahenobarbus

Ahenobarbus Member

Big Box Pc Game Collectors group @facebook seems to have at least one active member who has two unopened bottles. Try your luck with him too darksun ;)

19. darksun777

darksun777 New Member

I dont know who and its not allowed there asking for sales. Seems this item is my "white wale" of LA Items.

20. Ahenobarbus

Ahenobarbus Member

He posted a picture there february 17, where you see 2 bottles on his shelves or put there a search word "alcohol" and you find their conversation. Yes I know it`s not allowed to do sales on that page but maybe you can pm him.